Around the Web – Information Security Infographics Part 2
Last October I posted a list of my favorite information security themed infographics, and would you believe it (?!), our readers seem to love these graphics just as much as I do! So, for your viewing pleasure, I have curated 10 new information security infographics that have appeared online since January 2012, covering topics ranging from application security to cloud security, and device and social media security.
1) With incidents of social phishing on the rise, Veracode released this infographic in March detailing how individuals and Enterprises can protect themselves while socializing online.
2) CounterTack research posted this infographic highlighting the worldwide spend on information security products in 2012, which is expected to reach $32 Billion. Where does your organization spend its budget?
3) This is one of the most popular infographics on my list; I think I’ve seen it on dozens of websites in the past few days. If you haven’t seen it, take a look and see how Backgroundcheck.org has summarized findings from the 2012 Data Breach Investigations Report by wired.com.
4) Critical application breaches have highlighted the need for programmers to practice “safe coding” as SQL injections and data leakage have become preferred methods of breach for many hackers. This infographic from Veracode showcases the top vulnerabilities and tips for staying safe.
5) IBM defined 2011 as the year of the breach (read the IBM X-Force Trend and Risk Report for more details). That said, this infographic from backgroundcheck.org outlines the worst security breaches as monitored by Verizon since 2004, and the impact these breaches had on the organizations and their customers.
6) Here’s another great infographic illustrating the major breaches of 2011, provided by BusinessWeek.
7) “Cloud” is one of the most popular terms in IT these days. Here are two infographics highlighting concerns around information security in the cloud.
8 ) Financial organizations hold onto a lot of consumer information and store a lot of sensitive data. It’s no wonder these organizations are targets for breach. This infographic, created by Century Link Business, features lessons learned from some high profile breaches and preventative measures others are taking to protect themselves.
9) Bit9, one of Q1 Labs’ Security Intelligence Partners, recently released the results of their own data breach survey (download the full report here). The results are featured in this great infographic reminiscent of a Pacman game!
10) Another concern of IT security workers is securing mobile workers, especially in the ever-popular BYOD environment. This infographic summarizes the findings of a recent report, The Impact of Mobile Devices on Information Security, sponsored by Check Point Software Technologies.
Have you seen any other great infographics on the web? Please share your links in the comments below!
PS- Check out this infographic that just came out yesterday from IBM, “Mobile Device Defense: A Do or Die Dilemma”!